The ELEGANT NMR® incorporates the following advantages:
- Several-fold reduction of component costs due to a new processing method,
- Several-fold reduction in magnet size (US Patent: US10646722B2),
- Detection of most to all visible chemical elements and their NMR spectra in the investigated area using an advanced synchronization processing method,
- Drastically increased sensitivity due to dynamic nuclear polarization (DNP), needing only about 10-4 ml fluid to perform detection (US Patent: US10773092B2),
- Improved spectrum quality and matching to database using an automatic procedure for well-known multidimensional HSQC and NOESY methods,
- Drastically accelerated spectrum acquisition due to a non-uniform sampling (NUS) method,
- An automatic procedure by AI for matching spectra to a predetermined reference database without deep understanding of NMR analysis, including in situations with different solvents, using a well-known least squares method,
- An automatic procedure for analyzing chemical mixtures without a priori knowledge, even if the concentration changes during measurement, by using an advanced method for multilinear decomposition of spectra without predetermined references,
- and many other useful features, such as solvent suppression and measurement of droplet size, flow, temperature, pressure, and density, that help to reduce the count of additional instruments needed for analyses.
The recently-patented Elegant NMR technologies for the production of uniform and focused permanent magnets, as well as for the creation of dual-band dynamic nuclear polarization (DNP), make possible a new generation of nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectrometers
with nanoscale measuring range. That is, one nanomole of the substance under study is sufficient for the collection of DNP-NMR spectra and unambiguous identification. In addition, recently-patented combined NMR and chromatography technology
allows the simultaneous detection of a large number of chemicals in a mixture whose respective concentrations are in the nanomolar range.
Easy to operate:
- WebApp for remote control of all analyses and operations;
- No additional knowledge needed - the device can match unknown substances and deliver their chemical formulas and concentrations;
- Includes separation of substances in investigated mixture (patent pending) - each measurement yields a list of substances and their concentrations;
no additional knowledge of multidimensional NMR needed!
Now, this easy-to-use NMR technology is available for:
- medical and pharmaceutical industry: an easy-to-use and affordable method for the detection of COVID-19 infection and other lung diseases,
- universities and research institutions: for real-time monitoring of chemical synthesis,
- chemical and oil/gas industries: for real-time, in situ monitoring of droplet size, chemical processes, and quality control,
- beverage and food industries: for real-time quality control,
- industrial automation: for real-time, in situ quality control.
Suitable for nearly all chemical reactions, the Elegant NMR provides real-time, in situ
monitoring of key information, allowing advanced understanding and control of reactions without any need for extractive sampling.
Alternatively, you can download this presentation in PDF format.
- The ELEGANT NMR® Spectrometer, Arxiv.org, 2017,
- The Multi-Dimensional Decomposition with Constraints, Arxiv.org, 2017,
- Removal of a time barrier for high-resolution multidimensional NMR spectroscopy, Nature, 2006,
- Hyperdimensional NMR Spectroscopy with Nonlinear Sampling, JACS, 2008,
- High-Resolution Four-Dimensional 1 H− 13 C NOE Spectroscopy using Methyl-TROSY, Sparse Data Acquisition, and Multidimensional Decomposition, JACS, 2005,
- Application of the three‐way decomposition for matrix compression, NLAA, 2002.
Elegant Mathematics' innovative technologies are protected by the following patents:
And a plurality of patent pending applications. All of this allowed Elegant Mathematics Team to progress to the stage of production of a DNP-NMR device
capable of measuring a multicomponent mixture of organic substances with constituent concentrations
in the nanomolar range and determining its molecular and isotopic composition along with the concentrations of its components.
- US 10,646,722 B2 Production of homogeneous and focused permanent magnets from
commonly available magnetic material, free of rare earth elements.
- US 10,773,092 B2 A dual-band DNP-NMR method with no need to use very expensive
turbomolecular pumps, liquid helium to cool the magnets, or other cryogenic methods.
- US 10,773,093 B2 A method of non-invasive magnetic resonance imaging, non-invasive heating, and non-invasive ablation.
are all registered trademarks of Elegant Mathematics LLC.
- ELEGANT NMR® (in use since Aug 2016)
- ELMATHRON® (in use since Dec 2016)
COVID-19 and Lung Diseases: Express and Inexpensive Analysis of Exhaled Air by Nano-Volume DNP-NMR
In the time of the present coronavirus pandemic, we should all collectively react both fast and appropriately.
The Elegant Mathematics Team proposes an easy-to-use and affordable method for the detection of COVID-19 infection and other lung diseases.
The developed analyzer allows assays to be carried out in the early stages of disease,
allows the prediction of disease, and can also be used during treatment to collect additional statistics,
monitor progression, and improve the quality of treatment received.
Elegant Mathematics recently-patented technologies for the production of uniform and focused permanent magnets,
as well as for the creation of dual-band dynamic nuclear polarization (DNP), make possible a new generation of nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectrometers
with nanoscale measuring range. That is, one nanomole of the substance under study is sufficient for the collection of DNP-NMR spectra and unambiguous identification.
In addition, recently-patented combined NMR and chromatography technology allows the simultaneous detection of a large number of chemicals
in a mixture whose respective concentrations are in the nanomolar range.
Fast and inexpensive testing for COVID-19 and associated lung disease is essential today. Exhaled air contains many chemical markers—small organic molecules,
usually less than 200 Da—with concentrations of 1 ppb - 100 ppm, and combinations of these markers are characteristic of particular types and stages of disease.
Indeed, chemical analysis of the air exhaled by a person is a well-established method for the determination of many diseases,
and relevant databases have been created and are publicly available.
The key problem that hinders the widespread use of this method is the low abundance of any given constituent in the mixture
of substances released into the air from a person’s lungs. For example, toluene and acetone are among the most abundant compounds in exhaled air,
but still have concentrations of only around 10 ppm. Other components are usually in the range of 1-10 ppm. Furthermore,
while there are many methods for the chemical analysis of gases, such as using metal oxide sensors, the most accurate is to use gas chromatography
in combination with mass spectroscopic detection—which method is also very expensive.
Recent developments by Elegant Mathematics company in the field of nuclear magnetic resonance, in particular the combination of NMR with chromatography and with DNP,
allowed us to create a benchtop-sized NMR device capable of conducting chemical analysis of liquid volumes up to 1 nl and gas volumes of 1 μl
at room temperature with a detection level in the nanomole range.
Elegant NMR Project proposes an easy-to-use and affordable method for the detection of COVID-19 infection and other lung diseases.
The developed analyzer allows assays to be carried out in the early stages of disease, allows the prediction of disease,
and can also be used during treatment to collect additional statistics, monitor progression, and improve the quality of treatment received.
Considering that one measurement can be performed in a period of about 10-200 seconds, and there are no additional costs for the mobile phase,
chromatographic columns, gases, etc., if the device is operated 24 hours a day for 3 years, the cost of its operation is about 10 cents per measurement.
Thus, Elegant NMR devices can be used in the place of expensive GC-MS devices for the inexpensive and rapid analysis of human exhaled air.
Such a low cost of analysis will provide for a virtually unlimited number of opportunities for conducting preventive medical testing
as well as preserving health, tuning medical treatments, and thereby saving many lives.
About Elegant Mathematics
- 1992 Incorporation of Elegant Mathematics Inc. in Bothell, USA (reg. nr. 601360776), active as the main supercomputer software supplier for Cray Research Inc.
- 2006 Relocated to Germany and the EU (as Elegant Mathematics Ltd)
- 2006-2017 Elegant Mathematics Ltd has previously been involved in several gas detection projects alongside E-Nose (NL) and NXP,
and in CUDA projects (Nvidia GPU supercomputer solutions consulting), etc
- 2017 Incorporation of Elegant Mathematics LLC, mainly for ELEGANT NMR® activity
- 2020 Elegant Mathematics LLC has received 3 US patents for key NMR technologies
- 2020 Elegant Mathematics combined NMR and chromatography technology allows the simultaneous detection
of a large number of chemicals in a mixture whose respective concentrations are in the nanomolar range,
and makes possible a new generation of nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometers with nanoscale measuring range (Elegant NMR with Elmathron)